Tooth loss is highly inconvenient and can also turn out to be traumatic. It forces you to make a myriad of changes in your lifestyle - like alterations in your food habits, smile, chewing habits, speaking style, etc. The good news is dentures can help as it is the most simple, effective, and affordable way to deal with it. You may have a lot of clinics offering affordable dentures in Bridgeport at your rescue from this embarrassing situation.
Whether you are planning to get dentures or want your loved ones to get it or simply know someone with dentures, you may have a lot of questions popping up in your mind. The blog follows information regarding dentures that would really give you a significant insight into dentures.
What are dentures?
Dentures are a removable replacement of your missing teeth and the surroundings. Basically, a denture is a custom-made appliance that fits in place of your missing teeth and gums. Dentures can be full or partial. Full dentures are conventional which requires to replace the entire arches of your teeth. While partial dentures can be used when the patient still has some natural teeth and so the denture rests on the framework that attaches to your retained natural teeth.
What are dentures made of?
During older days, dentures used to be made of porcelain or plastic, but the modern dentures are made of hard resin. If dropped or not cared properly, the dentures could end up having a chip or crack.
Why should you consider having dentures as a replacement for missing teeth?
Dentures have a proven track record of efficiently restoring teeth. Here are some reasons why should you still consider having dentures to restore teeth.
An Affordable Option
Dentures is the most cost-effective option among all the tooth replacement alternatives.
It provides great support and ends up acting just like your ordinary teeth.
Improved Smile and Appearance
It provides support to the facial muscles which may otherwise sag and hence contribute to providing an improved appearance and a natural-like smile.
Comfort While Eating and Speaking
Denture allows patients to speak clearly with hesitation and relish their favourite food again.
Maintenance of Dentures
- Dentures are fragile and may break if not handled carefully. While handling dentures, drop them over a folded towel or on the basin.
- Do not let the dentures dry when not in use. Put them in a denture cleanser solution or in clean water. Never use warm water as it could cause dentures to warp.
- Brush your dentures daily as that will remove plaque and food deposits and help prevent them from getting stained. You could use an ultrasonic cleaner to care for your dentures.
- With a soft-bristled brush, brush your tongue, gums, and palate every morning before you insert your dentures. This helps in removing plaque and stimulates circulation in tissues.
- Consult the dentist immediately if the dentures crack, chip, become loose or hurt your mouth. Do not adjust it yourself as you could end up doing more harm than good.
If you are planning to get dentures, then visit any good Bridgeport dental clinic and get your teeth restoration done.
Wise Dental is the best dental clinic in Bridgeport TX offering all types of dental services. Our dentists are experienced in dental care for patients of all ages, from children to the elderly.
- X-rays (Radiographs)
- Dental Technology
- Intra-Oral Camera
- Panoramic Radiography
- UltraSonic Scalers
- Composite Fillings
- Gum Disease
- Root Canal
- Dental Bridges
- Tooth Extractions
- Invisalign/Esthetic /Acceledent